Las Conchas Homeowners Association Contracts with Agua de Mexico to Provide

PUERTO PENASCO, SONORA, MEXICO (Feb. 12, 2008) – Las Conchas Homeowners Association President, Jean Steward, signed a contract today with Aqua De Mexico (Aguamex) Director General, Senior Javier Sirvent to break ground for the construction of a desalination plant that will supply superior-quality fresh water to the homes without limitation. Las Conchas, is a more than 30 year-old luxury beachfront residential community in Puerto Penasco, Mexico, aka Rocky Point, just four and one half hour dri ve south of Phoenix and Tucson. Today’s contract signing for the desalinization (desal) plant is the culmination of many years of research by the association members. For the past several years, water has been severely restricted to homes in Las Conchas during the drought-ridden summer months. “This is a momentous occasion to have the contract signed so our homeowners will have a dependable, eco-friendly, drinkable water for our over 650 homes in Las Conchas,” Jean Steward proclaimed. “The new plant will be named the Gary E. Springer Desal Plant, to commemorate Mr.Springer’s efforts that began over ten years ago to bring a dependable water delivery system to Las Conchas.” “Aguamex will construct, operate, maintain the plant and provide delivery of desalinated water by early next fall,” said Sr. Sirvent. About Desalinization: Desalinization has long held the promise of helping the world solve its pressing water needs. The World Water Development Report, released recently by the United Nations, says many countries around the world currently face severe water crises, and the number is likely to grow in coming years under the dual pressures of increasing populations and worsening pollution. The report finds that within 50 years, seven billion people in 60 countries could face water scarcity. The United States has the highest per capita water withdrawal rate in the world. If every country were to withdraw as much water per person as the United States, fresh water demand globally would exceed water supply. Is seawater safe to drink? Humans cannot drink saline water. But, saline water can be made into freshwater, which everyone needs everyday. The process is called desalination, and it is being used more and more around the world to provide people with needed freshwater. As the population continues to grow, shortages of fresh water will occur more often. Desalination is not modern science Desalination/Distillation is one of mankind’s earliest forms of water treatment, and it is still a popular treatment solution throughout the world today. In ancient times, many civilizations used this process on their ships to convert sea water into drinking water. Today, desalination plants are used to convert sea water to drinking water on ships and in many arid regions of the world, and to treat water in other areas that is fouled by natural and unnatural contaminants. Water, most of it salt water, covers about 71% of the Earth’s surface. Earth’s organisms are made up mostly of water. We can live without most things for an extended period of time, however, we can only live a few days without water. About 97% of the world’s water is found in the oceans, and is too salty for drinking, irrigation, or industry. The remaining 3% is fresh water. Las Conchas has been a luxury beach community in Rocky Point for more than thirty years. It features almost five miles of uninterrupted beach lined with over 650 homes. Agua de Mexico, or AguaMex, specializes in infrastructure projects, including road paving, water treatment plants, and other types of large construction projects throughout Mexico. 


Be Sociable, Share!