Many couples decide to go to Puerto Penasco Mexico otherwise known as Rocky Point since it offers beach weddings & ceremonies while combining thier honeymoon.
Often these resorts will have a beautiful area or gazebo set aside for weddings next to the beach. Often, getting married in a resort next to the beach lessens some of the problems that can arise with a ceremony on the sand.
Often resort hotels will have private beaches to get married on so you can get privacy for your Rocky Point Weddings.
Also they will have facilities – such as shade, drinks etc which will make the ceremony go smooth for everyone.
Also these resorts can provide the reception on a beautiful terrace – but wedding photos can still be taken on the beach.
Many resorts do offer ceremonies that also do take place on the beach along with the reception facilities.
The Following ideas are some themes for those who are thinking of having their wedding on the beach in Rocky point.
Traditional Mexican dancing dresses a white zappista Mexican shirts makes a great barefoot wedding. If your not all about being seriuos you might consider putting the best men
Whimsical Beach Wedding Ideas
Do you love dolphins, sea turtles, star fish or mermaids? All of the above? You can come up with some great beach wedding theme ideas based on the creatures of the sea.
Your wedding dress could be mermaid style, ever so pale sea green. Weave pearls throughout your tousled hair. Have your “King Neptune” wear a white rayon shirt with a Hawaiian style lei of ivy and green slacks. If he is really into helping you with your theme, you might persuade him to wear the gold crown! I wouldn’t count on it though! Your wedding party could be dressed in dark emerald green mermaid gowns and of course the flower girl would be the “Little Mermaid”!
Your wedding cake would be beautiful with green ivy and sea shells and decorations, invitations and wedding favors would be a breeze. There are oodles of ideas and places that offer items to fit this beach wedding theme.
Nautical Beach Wedding Ideas
If you both enjoy boating, consider a nautical theme. A simple, sleek wedding gown for you and a dark navy slacks and a nautical style shirt for him. Make your exit memorable at the end of the day by sailing off into the sunset if you have a boat.
Decorate with netting, anchors and colored rope. Use the same motif on your wedding cake. A small sailboat or a lighthouse would be beautiful as the cake topper.
Make your own “message in a bottle” wedding favors. Place a little sand and your wedding thank you note inside, cork it and tie a small piece of colored rope on it.
Hawaiian Beach Wedding Ideas
Nothing could be more romantic than a Hawaiian beach wedding theme! Just the sound of Hawaiian guitars can whisk you off to the island without ever leaving your home!
There is a gorgeous simplicity to your Hawaiian style white gown called a ‘holoku” and your guy is “to die for” in the traditional white “wedding shirt” and white shorts or slacks. Very informal but very beautiful!
The wedding party and guests add color to the occasion with multi colored Hawaiian style shirts and sun dresses. The brighter the colors – the better! If you really want to experience the Hawaiian theme, go all the way with the grass hula skirts! The traditional lei and haku (floral neck and head wreaths) add simplistic elegance and flip flops or bare feet are definitely the order of the day!
Of course your wedding would not be complete without Elvis Presley’s version of the “Hawaiian Wedding Song”! If you are too young to remember the movie “BLue Hawaii”…rent it! The song is a Hawaiian wedding tradition and the movie will convince you that a Hawaiian beach wedding theme is for you!
Beach Party Wedding Ideas
Now here is a beach wedding theme you can really let loose with! Totally informal, cheap, and relatively stress free. A sundress for you, walking shorts and a pastel short sleeved shirt for him.
The reception could be as simple as colorful beach towels or blankets spread in the sand and decorated with sand pails and sand tools. These will be especially useful for occupying the kids later in the day! Ask your guests to dress for the beach and BYOB – (bring your own bathing suit) you thought I meant beer didn’t you? Some will do that anyway, without being asked!
Have a beach barbeque. Instead of dancing, have a beach volleyball game or a sand sculpting contest. In short, just let everyone have fun! As the day winds down and the guests drift home, sit back in the sand and enjoy the sunset. It was a perfect, fun day!
Caribbean Beach Wedding Ideas
How about the festive party atmosphere of a Caribbean style beach wedding theme? A Caribbean wedding is the most joyous occasion!
You will be beautiful in a traditional white rayon crepe wedding sarong and your “mon” will be oh so handsome in a similar white weddingshirt. The wedding party and guests brighten the shoreline dressed in vividly colored sarongs, wraps, shirts and shorts.Floral parasols add a nice touch. Shoes are not required!
A Caribbean reception can last well into the night, sipping rum punch anddancing to the sound of a steel drum band playing Calypso and Reggae music. How about a “limbo” contest or a conga line? It’sparty time!
You may want to bring some bamboo torches to light the way!
If you are considering a Caribbean wedding theme for your big day…let’s party!
A Caribbean beach wedding is perhaps one of the easiest and most fun to plan.
You just need a few ingredients to pull off an event that will be remembered for a lifetime – good food, lots of rum, island music and happy people!
Let vibrant color and ‘fun’ be your motif and you can create a fabulous festival befitting of any truly Caribbean wedding.
So…where to start?
Here are a few ideas to get your Caribbean celebration underway…
* Traditionally, invitations to a Caribbean wedding are done by word-of-mouth and anyone who shows up is welcome whether invited or not. Since you probably cannot afford to many ‘surprise’ guests, you may want to for-go this tradition in favor of colorful invitations or save-a-date cards. Impressions In Print has a wonderful selection of tropical themed invitations but my all time favorite artist for stunning tropical cards is Michelle Mospens. If you don’t find the perfect invitation there, you won’t find it anywhere!
* Exotic tropical flowers such as Hibiscus, Bird Of Paradise and Orchids are a must for your bouquets. Here are some great ideas on how to incorporate these beautiful flowers into your bridal bouquets. A single, orange Bird Of Paradise bloom would make a stunning boutonniere. Consider silk flowers for lasting keepsakes.
* As for you wedding gown – an absolutely stunning, snow white, silk bridal sarong is all you need to wear. No shoes are required but, if you want ‘pretty feet’ then you may want to consider foot jewelry or wedding flip flops.
* Liven up your bridal party with vibrant sarongs in a rainbow of colors.
* A Caribbean wedding theme calls for the traditional Black Rum Wedding Cake. The recipe for this cake, laced with fruit and rum, is passed from mother to daughter, generation after generation. Of course you don’t have to have an authentic rum cake. You may just choose your favorite cake decorated with a festive, tropical, Caribbean flare.
* The Island Wedding Shop has a terrific selection of wedding favors for a Caribbean wedding theme. These adorable Pink Flamingo Pops would be the perfect. You can put them is colorful vases to use as table centerpieces before passing them out as favors! Caribbean Soul has some great stuff too!
* Traditionally, a Caribbean wedding celebration will last long into the night. Engage your guests in limbo contest or a conga line to get things going and let nature take it’s course. Sipping on rum punch and dancing the night away to the sounds of Calypso and Reggae music from a live steel drum band will create an experience that no one will soon forget! You may want a few bamboo torches to light the way!
Fantasy Beach Wedding Ideas
A fantasy beach wedding theme could be anything you wish!
* Be Cinderella with your Prince Charming. Have him place the “glass slipper” that fits on your foot as a symbol of your perfect union. You could hire a professional sand sculptor to build a beautiful sand castle asa background for your fairytale theme. Leave in a horse drawn carriage.
* Have a Pirate Wedding. Rent costumes and decorate with treasurechests fake gold coins and jewelry. Have a real treasure hunt. Leaveon a boat.
* How about an “I Dream of Jeannie” beach wedding theme? Decoratewith pretty, colorful bottles in the sand like the one she was found in. Atthe end of the day, disappear in a cloud of smoke!
* A Western beach wedding theme would be fun! Many beaches allowhorseback riding. The reception could be a good old fashioned fireside “camp out”under the stars. Leave on horseback.
Si I Do are your Rocky Point Wedding Experts, so contact them today!